Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bread that I can eat!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. This week was busier than I expected, but a lot of fun.

Last weekend I found bread at Wholefoods Bellingham that I can eat!!! Food for Life Brown Rice Bread is wheat-, gluten-, soy-, dairy-, corn- (which doesn't matter to me, but it may affect someone else) and yeast- free. The ingredients are White Rice Flour, Brown Rice Flour, Water, Tapioca Flour, Cellulose Gum, Organic Sunflower Oil, Agar-Agar, Black Strap Molasses, Sea Salt, Grape Concentrate, Pear Concentrate, Rice Dextrin, and Carrot Fiber.

Not only can I eat it, but I have found it delicious. It is a little dry, but I have added a sauce or spread and it has been fine. I have been eating it as a hot dog bun with chicken hot dogs, a burger bun with turkey burgers, or as regular sandwich bread with chicken salad. I added hot sauce or ketchup to the hot dogs and turkey burgers. The only downside is that when I bend it around the hot dog, it usually breaks in the middle. It doesn't bother me that much because I can actually eat bread!

Bread is the one thing that I have been missing. No warm, crunchy bread for months is awful. This bread is not crunchy, but it is like a regular white sandwich bread which is close enough for me.

I hope everyone had a great week. I have so many things in my head, so I will be writing more soon. Enjoy the weather today. It looks beautiful out!

No comments:

Post a Comment