Saturday, August 14, 2010

Chicken Soup with Zucchini "Noodles"

I made Chicken Soup with Zucchini "Noodles" for lunch today. Here is the recipe:

1 Quart Chicken Stock (Make sure that it is sensitivity free. It took me awhile to find one that I could use. I used "More Than Gourmet Chicken Stock")
1 carrot, chopped
1 rib of celery, chopped
1 leek stalk, chopped
1 small zucchini, made into "noodles"
3 small chicken thighs, cooked (or any kind of cooked chicken that you like)

I brought the chicken stock to a boil while I chopped the vegetables. I chopped up the carrot, celery, and leek, then added it to the pot. I brought the soup down to a simmer for 10-20 minutes until the carrots were tender. I chopped the chicken and dropped it into the pot. I made the zucchini into matchsticks and added them into the pot. I let it simmer for 10 minutes.

Extremely easy to make. I added salt and pepper into my individual bowls as I dished it out, but you could add any spices you like into this soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment