Saturday, August 21, 2010

La Cantina Framingham

Thursday night the girls and I went out to La Cantina in Framingham. I have never been before and have heard mixed reviews about it. They have a gluten-free menu so I could potentially eat there without getting sick. However, the menu is not user friendly when it comes to finding gluten-free items. There are just notes in the specific sections, like above pasta it says "gluten-free penne available add $1.99." I had to ask what kind of gluten-free penne they had and the waitress didn't know. (If you only have one kind, then I think you should have your waitresses memorize it or put it on your menu.) She asked the kitchen and told me it was brown rice. I'm not a fan of rice pasta, but it was my only option there. I got it with meat sauce.

My meal didn't look appetizing since it was brownish cream colored pasta just slopped in a dish with sauce over it. More importantly, it didn't taste like anything.It's disappointing. I spent $24 with drink and tip. I left the restaurant feeling kind of sick and not feeling satisfied.

I go to a restaurant to get something that I can't make at home. This meal I make 3 times a week at home and mine is delicious. Corn pasta with meat sauce is my favorite dinner right now. This inferior meal at La Cantina was expensive and tasteless. I will not be going back there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment